Here at Tony Hakim Food Lovers, the team agrees on one thing: that pasta is one of the greatest foods of all time. It’s delicious. It comes in so many different styles, shapes and flavours. There are an infinite number of sauces. However, it’s very easy for pasta to go from healthy to indulgent. The Tony Hakim Food Lovers team have picked out ten of our favourite delicious healthy pasta recipes that you can indulge in, guilt free!
Our pasta tips?
- Avoid heavy cream-based sauces – those are some of the worst.
- Pimp out those pasta sauces! All the veggies, meat and fish in the sauce are delicious and guilt-free. Add as much of your sauce as want, rather than piling on the carbs.
- Cheese is good. Cheese on pasta is better. But too much cheese is bad. Cut back on the cheese you include – if you are looking to add flavour, sometimes a pinch of salt can do more than a handful of parmesan cheese.
- Pasta is a carb. So is bread. Avoid garlic and herb breads with your pasta – pair it with a nice salad instead. If you just have to have your side of bread, try crisping up pita bread with some garlic oil. Crunch and flavour without the calories.
- Left overs? No problem! Freeze them for a future meal, or eat them cold for lunch! Many pasta are great as pasta salad, like ziti and ravioli – but gnocchi isn’t one of them.
- Avoid eating pasta too often. Twice a week is the maximum, but it really depends on your lifestyle.